Listen all y'all it's a sabotage

Ugh...you'd think the world was trying to sabotage me or something. While raking the yard on saturday I managed to spectacularly roll my right foot and it's still somewhat sore. So...no walking to work for a few days, and definitely not working out. Cuz why would I want to do that?

Sigh

I just have to try and be good and I'll get there. My foot only hurts when I go on stairs now, so hopefully there isn't anything seriously wrong.  The yard isn't done, but whatever. The front yard leaves just needs to be bagged and J said he'd do the back yard - I'm holding him to it...although I admit I'm suspicious.

On the upside though, I had a fun weekend. I made meat buns (spicy beef and gouda inside a bun pocket - yes they are as good as they sound). There are lots to freeze for later. Unfortunately I forgot the ones I prepped for my lunch at home...so I have no lunch. And no $ to buy lunch...so I have to dip into my emergency cereal and almond milk supply in my desk that I keep for just this occasion. Not half as tasty, but it'll do.

Tomorrow I have to present my master's research at the health region so tonight I have to dig the talk out, dust it off and practice a bit and hope I don't have one of my now very common brain farts and forget what I'm talking about mid sentence. Now is not time to freak out. It's for a small group, so I don't think I'll be too nervous, but I am thrilled to have been invited to present my work to help them with an issue they are working on in Pathology so I want to do this right.

No comments: