hooray for bebe

Yay I'm an auntie again!
J's sister had a little guy named Logan yesterday and he is just a cute little mellow guy. I'm stopping by the hospital after work on my way to volunteer at CFCR for their pledge drive tonight to see him and I'm very excited. They've been trying for a long time to have a little one and we have all been waiting for him very excitedly. The first boy on J's side too. Finally....too much girliness at times. This will balance things out. Hooray. We plan to bury him in Wolverine stuff :) Hee hee...

Thanksgiving was marvelous. It snowed insanely all weekend up at Dad's (about a foot was there already and another foot fell while we where there). I had a nice visit with Dad and cooked turkey stuffing and gravy for 25 people. Everyone brought something and we ate until we groaned and drank wine and watched the Blue Jay's win at baseball and had a great visit with all of Dad's friends who live up there. We popped in at J's parents for supper on the way home (because really, we were wasting away from lack of food...) and after a nice visit we were quite happy to get back to our home. The cats have forgiven us and have been quite snuggly.

It's like early winter and I'm not amused. I can still walk to work since it's only about -4, but soon I will have to stop and I suppose that I'll start coming into workout in the mornings instead when that happens. With the winter wind it's pretty darn chilly now. I loathe taking the bus and it'll be a bit less painful if I make my mornings useful. Being able to run and workout there in the winter and use the pool for laps some mornings goes a long way to keep me sane once the winter cold comes. I feel like I've been cheated out of fall so I hope we get a melt before winter stays for good...if only so I can rake a bit and get the yard ready for winter.

I hope you all had a nice weekend. I sure did. I should go and make myself useful :)

2 comments:

azusmom said...

Congratulations, Auntie!

And here's hoping for, if not a late-season heatwave, at least a thaw.

solarity said...

Happy new-aunt-ness. Or maybe new-nephew-ness.

Mary Anne in Kentucky