Ho Ho Ho?

I am currently making eggnog cookies and avoiding the internet.
I am a Star Wars fan (it was the first movie I ever saw...it's burned into my brain in an unnatural way) and can't get to the new film for a few days yet and I have a number of friends who can't keep from commenting about the film so I've sequestered myself away for a bit. They keep posting things like "isn't it odd in films when characters react to X with Y?" in not-so-clever attempts at vague comments and they are already driving me batty. I hate any kind of spoilers...my brain goes off on a zillion tangents and I get taken out of the wonder of it all...so I am making cookies and will return to facebook whenever I get around to seeing the movie.

Recovery wise I am feeling much better. There is still some pain and soreness, and my movement is still restricted, but it's not like before. I found some old T3's and they're helping me deal with most things remaining. I've got a lot of stiffness and restricted movement and the more I do the more I seem to ache, so it'll take some time to get back to normal. At least I can feel sort of normal. Ish. I must say I wish my incisions would heal up quicker so I can wear a bra...but they're coming. I had a nasty nightmare just after I got home about my incisions ripping open and it has made me absolutely paranoid about that...lets just say that the sooner they're healed up the more sane I'll be.

I'd love to go out dancing to a funk jam tonight, but that is definitely NOT a good idea when I think about it...even if I went just to sit and listen I know I'd end up dancing and would be VERY bad for me at this point...so I'm gonna stay home and try and sew a gift for Xander. At 4 weeks post surgery I can start physio and some basic exercise but I still have a few more days to take it easy.

And so, as a diversion I have some fabric with foxes wearing hats and monacles on it -I am going to make some tiny overalls. I already took an old navy hoodie and made it into a dinosaur hoodie for my nephew's boy Gabriel and got it off in the mail with their christmas presents earlier this week. I was very pleased at how it turned out. Of course I forgot to take a picture, so I'm hoping they'll send me an action shot of Gabe in it at some point.

My friend Jeff also has a young boy and I'm trying to see if there's enough fabric to make him some pants too...we'll see. I just bought 1.5 metres of the fabric a while back when I saw it thinking it would be cute and so I'll have to see just what all I can get made out of it. Right now I feel good enough to sew, so I plan to sew tonight instead of dancing it up with J. I laid out my fabric earlier today and started to cut out things and then my cats played super kicky fight on top of it all so I need to start again. It's all over the place!

As of the 22 my dad arrives and then holiday madness descends...family stuff and something every day and evening until we go to my sister's in Calgary on the 27th for a few days. I always find that part of the holidays a bit much...not enough quiet time for my brain. Add to that that J is a humbug when it comes to christmas and it can be a bit exhausting sometimes. Calgary will be nice though. Visiting my sister is always mellow and low stress. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm glad that my family is saying no gifts except for the kids again this year. I'm doing some baking to give to my family and in-laws and we'll just hang out and play games. Christmas is not something I can really afford with our family being larger, and with me being home recovering it was good to only have to do a small amount to prepare. I think after years of telling my family "I don't want anything for christmas except relaxing with you and drinking wine and playing games" they actually believe me. We're all adults - if I see something I want or want to get for them I just get it at that time and it's delivered then. I am a bit unsure about the in-laws since I haven't really talked to them since the whooping cough fiasco, but I think it'll be OK. If not...well...maybe they'll finally figure it out then.

I hope to try half days at work next week just because I'm getting a bit bored...we'll see. I'm feeling guilty being away from work, so I'll try it out and see how I do.
For now I'll just keep shoving cookies in my gob and make some pants.
Ho fricking ho.

1 comment:

Yum Yucky said...

You are the only blogger I've known in history to ever mention a funk jam, which is why I'm giving you 10,000 bonus points on top of the 150,000 points you've already earned.