perogie kebabs are my new favourite thing

After an evening of mint julips and raspberry wheat beer with barbecued skewers of marinated apples, pears, pineapples, chicken, pork, veggies and even perogies along with salads and homemade  salted caramel ice cream (with whiskey maple syrup for good measure) -an evening of good company and some good music playing in the back yard - everything came to a happy close. The few of us left after the potluck sat around the patio table in the back yard and sipped at the last of the beer while Joe plucked away at random tunes on his banjo and we all chatted lazily, laughed and finally said goodnight to the day. It was a proper welcome back to our good friend Jesse and a great summer evening. The bugs aren't out yet so we could relax and wander in and out of the house and really enjoy the summer evening. It was a great gathering.
Our house really is set up to entertain and it was great to have people over. There is the added bonus of us actually cleaning the house up all spic and span for having people over - the house hasn't been this clean in eons. It's really rather gloriously organized...now we just have to keep working to keep it up for a while. There are advantages to not being a hermit - a vaguely organised house is one of them :) I also attacked the yard on friday and saturday so the back grass and alley are all trimmed up and I pulled a ridiculous amount of weeds from the yard so the vines are now growing in nicely in the front yard. You'd think adults lived here! (shhh....don't tell anyone).

I'm a bit tired from being up late, but I am so glad to have weekends like this. This is what summer is for. This is what life is for.
:)

This morning I crawled out of bed to do the intermediate/day 2 of the 30 Day Shred and have walked in to see what work has for me for the day. I was feeling wistful - yesterday was the Saskatchewan half marathon here in town and a few of my friends at the gathering had run it sunday morning and it got me thinking about how much I love running...perhaps I will do more of it. We'll see. My knee is happy at the moment. I'm just glad to be as active as I can be again.

Well - Here goes another great week! Cheers :)

3 comments:

azusmom said...

Sounds like a good time! We should do more of that...
It's what life is for, indeed.

solarity said...

Never mind the rest--homemade salted caramel ice cream! {dies of the envy]

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Yum Yucky said...

Next time you have a party I'm folding my body into a clasp envelope and mailing myself to you. I will bring the chips.