Whoop there it is

This morning was DVD wednesday. I found workout 1 of Jillian's 30 day shred on BeFit's youtube channel (Really liking this channel for workout options) the other day and decided I would try that. I was a bit nervous, but I must say - I LOVED it. A challenge in some spots, but I did it - all of it. :)
Boom.
It was the exact kind of workout I like - doing sets of compound exercises through for 30 seconds or 1 minute each movement and alternating with cardio chunks between sets of exercises. Nothing tough for the knees either -bonus...and I felt awesome after. I needed to use my inhaler midway through after the cardio, but I was able to keep going through it all with my 5Lb weights and feel really good after. Makes me want to pick up the entire DVD to see what some of the other workouts are like. I work harder when there is someone telling me what to do :)
For breakfast I made my new favourite smoothie. I tossed a handful of frozen blueberries, a handful of frozen cranberries, a handful of frozen kale, half a banana and ~1/4c of cottage cheese and greek yogurt in my blender with 1t of matcha green tea powder and stevia and enough milk to hold it together. YUM. Cranberries and green tea are one of my favourite flavour combinations...it was a tasty breakfast to sip while walking to work listening to a Quirks and Quarks podcast. :) It's finally warm enough to wear my runners for walking to work and I can really feel the difference between them and winter shoes or dress shoes for walking that long (~2Km). I plan to get a new pair of runners this month since these ones are a few years old.
Now it's off to sciencetown.
Later taters!


4 comments:

Yum Yucky said...

My hubs is trying to force me to buy a Vitamix. I'm too cheap to buy one. The $19 blender I bought broke. I want smoothies. I haz no blender. I am sad.

Geosomin said...

the Kitchenaid one I have works really well. Not quite a Vitamix, but still awesome.

JavaChick said...

I hated 30 day shred; had the DVD and ended up giving it away. On the other hand, Jackie Warner has a bunch of circuit training type DVDs which I love.

Geosomin said...

OOh - cool. I am going to try her next week!