Will walk for food

I met an old friend from high school for supper last night that I don't get to see nearly enough. Tracy suggested a new restaurant in town with New Orleans style food - Bon Temps. I've heard good things about it...and they had all the good stuff - jambalaya, po boy sammiches, crab boils and hushpuppies to name just a few.

And...Oh mah gawd people. They had Chicken and waffles.

I've been on a quest to have chicken and waffles ever since I saw an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives where Guy went to Louisiana and had it...and ironically after searching for it all over when we were in the US I found it here at home. I figured it could be awful or the best thing ever...and it turned out to be amazing. The best crispy spicy fried chicken I've ever had with a crispy fluffy waffle, maple syrup and sliced spicy pickle. It was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Healthy? Not even remotely...but worth every little calorie.
We're in a warm spot right now, above zero. I will be walking to work the rest of the week to work off the rest of this mealy indulgence, but now I know where to go for amazing comfort food.
Muahaha...

1 comment:

Yum Yucky said...

A warm spot above zero? sheesh!
I've never had chicken & waffles together. But now I'm suddenly craving waffles, of course.