Geo's day off

I did nothing all weekend but hang out with my J and it was everything I hoped it would be :). 13 years...*grin*

We saw a few Fringe plays (two which were just outstanding) and relaxed away the weekend sipping wine and eating peaches...and peach pie. OMG. I made peach pie. Have you ever had a fresh peach pie? No? If not, well...you're missing out on life's goodness to you. It's pretty much my favourite food of all time (and that is saying something). It is a little slice of heaven you only get once a year when the orchards grace us with proper ripe fruit. I picked up 20Lb of BC peaches at the farmer's market on saturday and plan to spend all this week using it up deliciously. Made a few pies (froze one for later) and will make some preserves and jam this week too.
Today is back at work and tonight I have to rack over my blueberry wine to the carbuoy and start up a small batch of apricot wine with some other fruit I picked up as well. I also have a batch of fruit beer to get going so our cellar will be all stocked up for another year.
Ans yes, tonight I'll work out as penance for my weekend of indulgence. For now, tho,  it's coffee and work time.

Hope you all have a fabulous day and your weekends were glorious too. :)

1 comment:

Yum Yucky said...

GEO and J. Sittin' in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G

and you know how the rest goes...now where's my pie?