whirlwind

What a crazy wonderful weekend. I helped J build and tear down a set (which turned out really well!) and I also got to spend some time with some of my favourite peoples. My old friend Jeff is back home in Canada for 2 weeks visiting from China with his new wife Jo and we got to spend 2 days with them. Other old friends drove in from Edmonton to visit too, so it was so great to just hang out and catch up and visit with some of my most favourite people in the world. Add to that the fact that it was Jo's first time in Canada and that she was utterly thrilled with everything because it was all new and exciting and...yeah. I'm still grinning today. We even got Jo all dressed up in winter gear and took her tobogganing a few times. Hilarious and awesome. We drank mead, had traditional Chinese new year wontons for breakfast, and went out to a few favourite restaurants for indian food and good old fashioned diner food along with some tasty craft fruit beers (which Jeff loves but can never find in China) on the weekend. It's been 10 years since we've seen him. Much too long... :)
And so this AM I am back in, putting my healthy hat back on and getting back to normal, healthier life. This morning was spin and sculpt class with an old favourite instructor filling in so it was fun and a good workout. I have healthy meals planned and I even took my vitamins, so today is off to a good start.
I was reminded this weekend as to why living healthy is so important. You never know what life may throw at you. Another old and dear friend's husband is in the hospital as of this weekend, and today is having heart surgery to correct a heart defect he's always had but never started to impede his life until recently to make his life very hard to live "normally" anymore. It's the surgery my Mum should have had when younger, but she was too tiny and old to be able to heal properly from. All should go well, and Jim should be much healthier for the rest of his life after this. I feel bad that I wasn't able to get there to visit this weekend with all the shenanigans going on in the rest of life. But, I hope to be able to sneak away to see her and him before and after surgery today on my work breaks and get in some comforting/visiting time with them over the next week, as he recovers in hospital. Tab is one of my oldest and dearest friends too, so I feel as though it's happening to my family and if I can help her just by being there I will try...I can't imagine how worried I would be in her place.
This whole weekend has reminded me of the truly important things in life and why it is so important to care for your body AND your mind and enjoy the time you have with the people that matter most to you. Life is strange and wonderful. It's a lot to take in some days, but I wouldn't change it :)


2 comments:

MizFit said...

prayer for healing sent all of your ways...

Yum Yucky said...

hoping best for your friend. Have a fantastic week!