Walking in a winter wonderland

Last night was nice. Talk about putting things all back in place. I was able to do a bit around the house, fix (I think...knock on wood) the internet wifi issues we've been having in our house with the new computer and make a nice tasty supper. Turkey pesto burgers (no bun for me) and oven roasted maple/balsamic brussel sprouts. Mmm. It was so utterly gorgeous outside ( about -2C) with soft fluffy movie style snow and J and I went out for a drive, listening to this funky remix of stuff by the Fort Knox 5 (have a listen - seriously so good!!) and then parked the car by the river and went for a nice long walk up by the river through the woods. He's finally feeling back to himself after being so sick for so long and we could just walk and talk and relax and take in all the snowy glowey beauty of it all. There were lots of happy walking people out enjoying the weather. Nice way to end the day :)

This morning I came in for sculpt class form the new instructor again. I like her already. Another solid all over sculpt class, with a mix of all kinds of stuff, even dive bomber pushups (which make me feel totally bad ass). There are a lot of new people int he classes with the new year starting, just getting into fitness and I often forgot how strong I am and how far I've come until I see just what I can do in class in comparison. It's encouraging to see. I am going to be a bit stiff tomorrow, but I know I worked hard, and I can feel my body coming back from christmas. I'm being good, taking it day by day. So far so good. It's gonna be a good day my good peeps. Yes indeedy!

I hope you all have a fantastic day :)

No comments: