Dusty...

Well then. I didn't get everything done that I wanted to this weekend, but it was busy and productive.
Bottled my blueberry wine, which looks lovely. It fermented out quite dry and my attempts to sweeten it helped a bit, but I didn't make it as sweet as I probably should have. Still a newb at this wine stuff. It's a nice semi dry red - good for most people. Since it will likely be gifted out over the holidays I figure it will do. :) I finished painting up the bedside tables and J and I did solid crazy super clean of our bedroom to suck up all the cat fluff and dust in there, especially taking down the canopy we have had over the bed for years. Preparation for the new tables. Baha.
But wow...So. Much. Dust.  My sneeze record was 16 in a row. Sheesh. My allergies went absolutely insane, but it will be so nice to have the bedroom tidy and organized. I'm repainting our dresser to match our new bedside tables, which will be dry and ready to used in the bedroom today. Hooray! Mini bedroom makeover! In the spring we are replacing the windows in our bedroom and we're going to repaint then and get a new duvet cover. For now, this reboot to our sanctuary is so very nice :)
After a ridiculously convoluted installation of the snow tires, I made a treat that I haven't in a while - meat cheese buns. Fresh buns with spicy hamburger and a square of gouda baked into the centre. I haven't made them since before I started school, because they take all day. I made up 4 dozen and after a late late supper of them there are still lots left to freeze for quick suppers over the next while.
And this morning I was worried my allergies would still be crazy, but I felt fine and was in the gym for my morning workout. I did upper body and back today with 30 minutes on the elliptical after.  3 rounds through sets of reps of arm, shoulder and back weights with some push ups, back work and ab crunches in there. Very nice :)
Tonight is belly dancing and more bedroom attack. I'm rebooting the house one room at a time...Next one - Kitchen! :)

1 comment:

Yum Yucky said...

your wine making give me an image of you presses the blueberries with your feet. Hopefully not right after spin class?

Please send me a meat cheese bun. It's the least you can do for a hungry woman such as myself....