Oh Geo oh Geo where have you been?

Oh hai.
Well, we had a lovely relaxing weekend away. Celebrated J's birthday good and properly and relaxed, rode some rollercoasters, got a few things for me to wear to work and a pair of (meep) purple Dr. Martens boots for me as a present to myself. Had some delicious food and wine and beer and now, must settle down and try to figure out what exactly life is all about post-thesis.

Now, it's back home...to normal life. Getting the car fixed (grr), and finishing up any last school details so I can graduate in October. All papers are completed and signed and I just dropped off my thesis at the bindary to be bound this morning. 5 copies...hopefully they are all in order. I had to insert the colour pages and a few weren't printed off right, so I reprinted them at home at the last minute and they still aren't perfect, but you know what? I'm done. It will be good enough. My thesis is available as pdf so they can see all it's perfect glory there if they really  want to. I was glad to learn that I can bind my own personal copy in Navy blue as opposed to the pukey brown maroon university binding colours the other copies have to be in... and in 10 days I'll have a copy to put in my bookshelf and pull out every few years and go "oh yeah, THAT took a few years off my life didn't it?"...

I haven't been in to work out yet this week. I've had errands and things both mornings and evenings so I haven't been able to but I think I may work out when I get home. I have the ennui and usually that means I need my sweaty endorphins. Plus...I feel roundish. I need to really buckle down. I know I have a few pounds to shave off...I don't need to be my uber best immediately, but I know me, and I know I need to keep this in check. All this celebration and sleep has been fun, but if I don't watch myself, I'll eat myself up a clothing size, and that, my good peeps, is simply unacceptable...

So...I will work out and live and try and settle into my new life and figure things out as I go. Daily morning workouts and more healthy food is what I need. I'll figure it out eventually...

1 comment:

Yum Yucky said...

I've been stalking you here long enough to know that the "roundish" feeling you're experience will not last. You're a butt kicker. Roundish doesn't stand a chance.