14 days

Ah. This weekend was nice. It was our anniversary sunday so the J and I just relaxed and spent the day together and went out for dinner somewhere nice for a fantastic meal. Went for a long hike in the afternoon and relaxed by the river with some wine...and actually saw a falcon catch a fish right beside us! Other than the lots of wine on the anniversary, it was a good weekend food-wise too. I brought healthy alternatives to a BBQ at my brothers on saturday so I had good stuff to nibble on. Not sure if I offended him or not, but they are not known for their healthy eating habits...*my* idea of healthy side at a BBQ are veg and dip and fruit, not chips and potato salad. I noticed it was well devoured by the other guests so hooray for me and my healthy food ninja trickery!  :)

This morning I was up and in to the gym for sculpt class. It was a good overall body workout with weights and now today is ON. Lots of work to do at my regular job... AND seeing as the university finally got their act together and approved my defence date on the weekend for the 27th officially (only 2 weeks from now!! No rush...take your time people...not like i need to prepare or anything...grr) I have two weeks of manic review and speech prep to do for my defence. Having a deadline is something I need. The office kindly let me know on saturday when everything finally went through so I could relax on our anniversary, which was nice. And now it's 2 weeks of hard work to get ready. Not quite sure what I'm doing, but I'll do my best :)

1 comment:

azusmom said...

You're gonna be great!!!!
And happy anniversary! :) :) :) :) :)