family

Another late night of errands and cleaning and bit of thesis work. (not enough, but some) and the house is ready for my family invasion. My knee is feeling slightly better but still aches so I did not workout again today - hope to be back at it monday. I slept in and had a nice hot shower and some protein oatmeal and a banana for breaky and am in for work, trying to focus until I can head home and spend lots of time with my family. My whole family. Meep. :)
I hate that I'll likely have to hide for 2 or 3 hours on saturday and work on my thesis as I have to hand in my edited final section on monday (and work on it all sunday after they leave...*sigh*), but I really can't wait to see my family for a few days. They are here until sunday when they go up to visit dad for a week at the lake. I wish I could get away to be up at the lake with them, but I am so glad to see my sister and her whole family even for a little bit. They live in Ontario and last time we were all together was Mum's memorial almost 2 years ago. I look forward to much more laughter and smiles. My sis and her hubby look after 4 foster kids and this is their first family holiday in almost two years, and maybe the last one with all the kids together, since my niece and nephew are in their 20s now (wow my sis is 10 years older than me but that made me feel OLD to write!) My gorgeous niece is in university now and my nephew is a new dad - and I get to meet my little great nephew tonight!
Man, I am SO excited. I've grabbed some wine and I'm hoping they'll all fit in our house! I am looking forward to an evening of visiting in the house and sitting out on the deck. No real plans yet, just visiting. I admit, I am determined that not even my brother's wife (who is an emotional handful and can be very challenging, especially if things don't go her way or aren't planned to the minutia) will interfere with the weekend. I can't wait to get home!! :)
Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Yum Yucky said...

ahhh. I can feel the happy-excited vibes you're throwing out in this post. Have WONDERFUL time with your peoples. Make fantastic memories during your visit!