This is how we do things around here

This weekend rocked. I finished and edited my thesis final chapter, got the last of my hiking gear together (water/utility belt, rain pants, hat, trail mix) and successfully bottled my mead. There are 15 bottles of the lovely stuff that can sit and age for a year or so now and I can take a few bottles with me for my friends in the UK. It settled out quite clear and looks nice. The mouthfuls I got while bottling are a bit harsh, but with aging I think it will be quite tasty. I didn't really know what i was doing, but it all came together :) I even got to spend time with J catching up on Game of Thrones and watching a movie. It's helpful when it rains all weekend...it gives me incentive to get things done because I don't want to go out in the rain! Even tried out a new recipe - sweet potato African chili. So delicious and healthy. Recipe is on my food blog if you want to try it out.

This morning I came in to work out...it finally stopped raining!! It's usually yelly spin lady monday mornings so I was going to do a bodyrock workout on my own, but it turned out my fave instructor who is back doing bootcamp was filling in today and did an hour of powersculpt. Ass kicking solid workout all over. Somehow she makes you laugh even tho you want to kill her for pushing you so hard...I feel rather fantastic now. Now it's a long day of work getting things done!

Hope you all had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

azusmom said...

Yeah!!!!!
Go you!!!!!!theiref puhmound