strange day yesterday

Yesterday was a strange day. Someone I know had a heart attack. They didn't make it.
It made me glad to know I'm looking after myself. My friend who left the earth wasn't in terrible shape, but he was a bit overweight and smoked occasionally. Makes me wonder if he'd done things differently if he'd still be here.
I'll miss him. I can't imagine how his wife is feeling right now...

Last night I tried my hand at baked falafel and homemade tzatziki made with fat free sour cream and some quinoa bean salad- success. Definitely. I have the rest for lunch to day. Yum. I am also currently obsessed with the cherries that are in season right now. I've never really had fresh cherries before. Man...I was missing out ! :)

Spent the evening with a friend...was encouraged at seeing his incredible joy for life and have enjoyed watching his creativity blossom lately (he's a very talented musician). Seeing people take joy in their abilities is a very beautiful thing.

And today I am happy...it's my 11th anniversary. Tonight J and I will just relax and spend the evening together. It's been a long busy week and we've seen very little of each other in it. Tomorrow is another day together as well. I can't wait...no grand plans. Just together... :)

This AM I was up and in to do my workout A, 29 minutes on the bike and my abfest. I am feeling really good. I have been focusing today and yesterday (since the news of my friend's passing) to be very mindful of my life. To take in things. Experience them and not just let them flash past as I busily go about my day.
It has driven home to me how very blessed I am.

And this song? It's been almost on permenant repeat on my iPod last night and this morning.
It is...lovely.




Later taters :)

2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Wow, sorry to hear about your friend's death. But sounds like your mindful approach is a great way to deal with it. Life can be unpredictable and it's important to savor every moment. Hope it was a great anniversary!

azusmom said...

I am so, so sorry about your friend!

And I hope you have a wonderful anniversary!