New breakfast ideas

I finally found some chia seeds on the weekend and so I was able to try a new breakfast today. Last night I set up what has to be the easiest breakfast ever - chia overnight oats, using this recipe from Oh She Glows with probably closer to 1/2 c oatmeal (couldn't find my 1/3c measure cup and so I guestimated with my 1/2c one). I sliced up a peach with it this morning after my workout and added a splash of maple syrup and I must say - Yummy. A bit different texture than regular oatmeal, but a lot like rice pudding...which I love. I have a real texture thing so I wasn't sure if this would be gross (like overwet muesli) or good until I had some. The almond milk and banana and a hint of cinnamon made this deeeelicious and the chia really thickened it up like a pudding.. The peach pushed it over the top to heavenly. I wasn't sure if cold oats would be good, but wow. I sat at my desk making yum noises the whole time. I will definitely be making this again. It's like having rice pudding for breakfast. He hee...

Yesterday I ached in my legs and back and shoulders from my saturday home bootcamp, so I felt pretty smug, but I think the one legged hops did a number on my knee...if I do it again I'll be changing that to something else as my knee clicked a bit yesterday, which is a sign it's been stressed. It's a bit stiff this AM but nothing major. It's always a challenge to see what is "allowed" and what isn't with my knee. After a lazy sunday I was in to workout this AM doing my workout B with 28 minutes HIIT biking and my abfest.

I got my hair coloured on the weekend...it's rather red...I like it. It will fade shortly I'm sure, but it's fun for now :) I accidentally made the gym towel a weird color drying my hair...heh. Oops. I also got out to see Fright Night last night. Loved it. Even J, who came with me just to be nice, enjoyed himself. I saw the original in the 80's a zillion times, so I've been looking forward to it for nostalgia's sake. Seeing David Tennant play a very different role was amusing...it must be such fun as an actor to play outlandish characters :)

Well...it's science time. Must go be a good little labrat.
Hope you all have a great day :)

2 comments:

azusmom said...

It IS fun, lol! And watching DT play them (or anything, really) is REALLY fun.
That oatmeal sounds delish! I'm gonna have to try it.

Jody - Fit at 53 said...

That recipe looks pretty dang yummy & your description too!

That workout sounds GREAT! I like that you will modify to make it yours & keep you & that knee healthy!

PS: I LOVED that comment you made on my blog this morn!