weekend of work

I spent all weekend on my data. All. Weekend. And no I am not done yet.
Frack.
I missed out on a kegger although I did get to see my Dad for an hour when we went out for brunch on sunday...wish I'd had more time to visit. Then we had people over crafting at my house to make decor for an event we're helping out with in a few weeks. Lots of people making origami and cool stuff in my living room and I was...yup...with my data. Grrr. My report is due in a matter of days and I need to finish the data up tonight to the point where I can start writing up my report for wednesday. I wanted to be done last night, but I stopped at 2 AM and threw in the towel because I was just done. Exhausted. Oh, and did I mention I had to go in at 10 PM last night to subculture cancer cells? Yeah. Good times. I am not enjoying this, but it is what it is. I just have to make it to the weekend - then I get a day at comic con in Calgary (before coming back early on sunday to work on my report again...sigh). I plan on getting my bro an autograph from Elvira Mistress of the night for his birthday!! Hope to find some cool steam punk goggles por moi too. But before then...my bi-annual report is due on monday, so it's crunch time.

This morning, despite my weekend of slavery I was determined to work out. Last night I had a bit of a wobbler and so J (sweet man) ordered in pizza so I didn't have to worry bout food. It was tasty, but I had a lot and it was not the healthiest...and it felt good to workout. I've experimented with having a cup of coffee and a granola bar before I work out and it's been working. I can do more. I did my same workout as friday, complete with abfest and HIIT biking and some pushups. I'm in to work with some healthy food after a protein shake, banana and some cottage cheese and fuit and I'll try and stay awake thru all my work today...we shall see.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

azusmom said...

Dang! You poor thing! Sending virtual hugs (and caffeine)and good wished your way!