Hell is being tech support for other people

Yesterday was long - I was at a conference in town all day, so I worked out at home. I did my good old exerball DVD and my abfest (without the medicine ball twists). So many pushups...except for the pushups it seemed too easy. Weird.

The conference was interesting but I had a few problems...I offered to help and somehow got roped into trying to fix any and all tech problems. Hell truly is trying to fix powerpoint issues on an unknown laptop that is acting up and a old projector in a room of old, non-tech savvy people. My bosses wanted all the odd issues fixed NOW as they were putting the conference on and they wanted it all to go off well. Occasionally they'd order me around as to what to do and they would all all hover (I hate people watching over my shoulder) and try and help by taking over to do what you just did and then give it back to you and...yeah. It was a bit much. I didn't lose my temper, but I did get somewhat testy at one point...I dislike being ordered about like a peon. I hope I didn't come off as too rude. It really went beyond what I'd sign up for and I felt very disrespected...VERY. I'm going to have to talk to my bosses about it on monday...not looking forward to it, but I just don't like how I was treated the more I think about it...I can't let it go. Hooray for planning out awkward conversations... :(

I'm in at work on a saturday. Doing some of my work and some for someone else...to make a little extra $$ for some pretties.. Last night J and I stayed in and watched a movie. It was nice. Max and Mary...a claymation film which is fantastic-wierd, funny, dark. And I finally found some popchips to try out - YUM. I love them...J's not a huge fan. Which is great actually - more for me :)

I must get back to the sciencey stuff. We're going out for dinner tonight so I want some time to pretty myself up.
Later taters :)

1 comment:

azusmom said...

Ugh, that's so annoying! As awkward as the conversation may be, it's probably a good idea to have it. What happened really was wrong, and you deserve better treatment. Good luck!