This has been a great day and it's hardly started!

This morning before my recycling run and trip to the farmers market, before I came in to work I made the best breakfast. I had to share it with you because I think it's a great healthy hot breakfast...

1 c water
3/4 t cinnamon
1/2 c Quaker wild oats

Cook oats to your liking and then stir in 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (I'm thinking adding in a bit of cocoa too would have been even better) and serve with apple butter and sliced banana and a splash of almond milk.
I was in heaven. :)

AND...*AND* thanks to the farmer's market I have turned my recycling $$ into apple spice boar sausage and fresh lettuce for supper and fresh potato bread and pear butter waiting for me for tomorrow. I also have a tasty scone here with me at work for a snack along with a new pair of mittens from the cute old mitten lady to finally replace the ones I lost a while back. There's not a lot of fresh local produce here this time of year, but still lots of preserves and baking...in the dark of winter there's less of a crowd so I really relax and enjoy it.

You know, sleeping in is easy when you normally get up at 5:10. 7 feels so glorious :) A little sleep makes me feel a little bit like I understand what these morning people are all about. Not enough to be one...but still. I'm glisteningly happy. Quite ready to be working here all day.
It's gonna be a great day :)

1 comment:

Kat said...

Oh, goodness! I just can't wait until it warms up enough for us to make it to the Farmers' Market again. I just love discovering the breads/butters/granolas and such that I would never make for myself!