Nice weekend.

This morning I was up and out the door to the gym. I did my upper body and abs and 28 minutes on the bike, and I'm in for lunch with a good breakfast and a healthy sandwich for lunch. Eees all good.
I had a nice weekend - got some work done on my MSc and had a family supper visit, at which I managed to keep it together and not overeat and still have a glass of wine. Sunday I relaxed with my husband and made some raspberry cornmeal scones as a reward for shampooing the rug in our dining room (grrr...i love my cats i love my cats...)
Mmmmmm. The scones were heaven. I even kept it together with healthy nibbling at a friend's house playing video games last night. It could have been better...but it could have been worse. I'm currently hormonal and could eat everything in sight, so I'm trying to roll with it and do my best. Relaxing with friends helped relieve stress ...it's fun to spend the evening like a student every once in a while - video game and pretzel therapy - it makes you feel young. :)

The cake visit last week got me obsessing about cake and baked goods (thanks PMS), so I had to make something baked that I loved and get it out of my system this weekend. Scones were just the trick. I healthified them as much as I could and then enjoyed them thoroughly and sensibly (mmmmm). I must say - it was easier last semester when I was really busy to eat healthy - I only had time for the healthy meals I packed with no snacks. I can tell it's going to be a new, daily thing working on the anti-snacking thing and keeping my indulgences within normal range. To maintain. I'm trying to be intuitive about what I eat. It's tricky. Food and I have an uneasy partnership...and I don't want to be obsessive about it, but yet I can't just "be". Not yet. That will come I hope.
Tomorrow is grocery day and I'm planning out healthy meals and food ideas. My husband and I are determined to be healthy this winter and not just hibernate away the winter eating cake :)
(mmm...cake...)

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I did. this week is another busy one, but I'm ready.
Bring it on!

No comments: