Success!!

Day one on the new regime has actually come to pass!!
I finally did it! I managed to get up, have breakfast and catch the 6am bus. My bus stops right in front of the gym on campus at about 6:25 (bonus because it has been raining for days...) and I went in and checked the place out. The class for today was cancelled so I put my stuff away and worked out in the gym...man it feels good. I did 34 minutes on the treadmill speed walking with brisk arms at about 7 KPH and couldn't resist jogging a few 2 minute stints. My heart rate monitor says i was in heart rate zone for 30 minutes and burned about 285 calories (and went 5.5K). Cool...
Then I used the ball and some free weights to do a few sit ups and push ups and a few lunges and had time for a shower and grabbed a coffee on the way to work.
The gym is nice....I do believe I'll try to get there at least 3 days a week...I'm excited to check out the pool too...if it's as nice as the rest of the place I will declare this to be the best "free" gym membership ever :)

I've got a healthy chef's salad packed for lunch and have so much energy. I forgot about that cool part of exercise :) It probably helps that we were old fuds and went to bed at 9:30 last night because we were both exhausted and so I feel fantastic today. Lots of sleep. Cool!
Have a great day everyone :)

1 comment:

azusmom said...

Wow, sounds like a great start to the day!!!!

Every night I say I'm going to go to bed early. And usually something happens to prevent me from doing that.
But I keep it as my goal, lol!
Have a great weekend!