Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be...

Well, this weekend was busy but I got a lot of work done on my project and my husband helped me destress. I got some frustrating news about my project on friday that means a lot more work for me...so I ranted and raved a bit and then got to work, because really, I can whine all I want about how it's unfair, but it all needs to be done so I might as well get at it. Still angry, but it is what it is. To help destress J took me out for thai food and I got to visit some old friends on sunday so that helped.
I went to spin class today - another full on crazy workout. I forgot my chest strap so I have no numbers but I know I worked hard. I got there late so I ended up with a crappy bike and it bothered my knee a bit. Hopefully it will be alright...I asked the teacher to give me the "look" if I was doing wrong form for my knee or if there was a move coming up that I shouldn't be doing and that was great but the seat on my bike kept sloooooooooowly sinking. I keep forgetting - riding a "normal bike" I'm used to stopping pedalling for a drink and there is no tension on the flywheel. With the exercise ones for the class the wheel keeps turning slowly which sort of wrenches your knee a bit...I think that may be most of my problem with my knee being a bit sore. I'll be nice to my knee for the rest of the day - I did some extra stretching and tomorrow is swimming, so hopefully things will stay OK. I managed to fit into the spin class on wednesday as well so we'll see just how that goes. If my knee is still sore I'll drop out and just walk instead.
I'm all stocked up on healthy food and we did well over the weekend. The one indulgence was chili pizza (mmmm) but I didn't pig out on it so I feel fine about our food lately. The trick for me seems to be to have healthy snacks...that and learning that most of the time when I feel nibbly it's actually because I'm thirsty. Usually I've started having a drink of water when I feel peckish and wait 5 minutes. If I'm still hungry I have something. 8 times out of 10 it's been thirst...a good lesson to know...
I hope you all have a wonderful day.
I leave you with this song that's been in my head all morning :)

No comments: