Spring is on it's way

I got out for a nice long walk on sunday.

This morning I was up at 5:15 and did 32 minutes on the elliptical, with some cooldown. A muscle on the inside of my left leg is a bit sore. This is making me very very nervous. I did some stretching and I am crossing my fingers (and toes...and eyes...) that it is not knee related. We shall see. I'm trying to be positive. I haven't done anything overly strenuous to my leg, so who knows...

This week I'm going to focus on healthy eating and making sure I get in my 3 aerobic workouts and 2 bellydance workouts. Slowly I can build up endurance.
Plus I'm getting new workout shoes this weekend. My old runners have become my work shoes, so I need new ones. My old ones are pretty beat up. I don't have a chance at keeping my knee in good shape if I don't get new shoes...

I'm quite excited at how quickly the snow is melting. Within a few weeks, maybe even the beginning of april, it should be nice enough out to go for walks in the mornings and start biking to work soon. The ice will be gone. That will be so nice...

Here's crossing my fingers my knee stays out of trouble. If it starts to hurt again I'm going to the doctor and demanding a new one...or something. There has to be a way around it...

No comments: