It's the little things...

I'm only sort of sick. I'll take it. My cold appears to be staying in my nose, which isn't great, but isn't getting worse. I'm hoping large amounts of tea will politely nudge it on. It's like I'm just sick enough to be a bit low on energy, so I can still get things done, which is nice.

I finished caulking and painting in the kitchen yesterday - only the cupboard doors left now. When people on renos make perfect caulking beads and run their finger along I want to know just how they do it without being covered in goo...I haven't worked that out yet. Now that it's done I can start putting things back in the kitchen - a functional kitchen. I can hardly stand the excitement! I'm going to do it bit by bit to reorganise and declutter the kitchen...
I discovered a very evil thing though - when Dad and I carefully measured and cut the glass tiles to fit around the outlet holes in the kitchen with the diamond saw we were very proud of ourselves at how well they fit. Unfortunately, I learned yesterday when trying to put the covers on the outlets that neglected to make sure there was room for the little screws that go in to hold in some of the the plate covers. Yeah. Not cool.
I'm putting on my thinking cap as to how to get around this. I'm considering putting thick metal plate covers and adjusting the outlets out a bit and bracing them with wire or metal, hopefully leaving room behind the adjusted out outlets for the screws to go in. I might have to grind down the screws a bit in length or find some super short ones. It's a little annoying thing that is rather a big deal and annoyingly, neither Dad nor I noticed this, even when he went through at the end of the job and carefully adjusted the outlet height for the covers! I could try and drill holes in the tiles, but that's just asking for trouble. That is a last resort. I think I'll try my adjustoplate thingymabob first. Or velcro...or something. Who knows.
Here's crossing my fingers.
It's really all in the little things...

2 comments:

legendswife said...

grr...I hate getting sick. Hope you feel better soon:)

Charlotte said...

You and me both girl! Being sick is the worst:( Hope you are feeling better now!