Busy times...

Well, I rode my bike to work this morning. It didn't bother me at all, and I took it easy. That was a good sign. Hopefully it means I can get back to being more active.
I think tomorrow I'll do some speed walking in the morning. It's nice and cool in the mornings despite being hot as hades during the day, so it's a good time to be out.
I did a ridiculous amount of yard work and housework over the weekend - lawn, shrubs, hedges, weeds, laundry, cleaning and putting away our camping gear. Whew!
This week I have time to start organising things. We finally got 2 bookshelves, so we can begin organising my craft room and the office. I have a bright red shelf in my room and we now have 3 white shelves in the office...it's exciting to think we may be organised some day very soon.
I'm just liking walking into a room and not seeing all the clutter...just a nice room I can relax in.
And once my room is set up I can make my parents the window they've been bugging me about for the last year or so.
I've also got to actually order my tiles for the kitchen (procrastinate? Me? nah!) - one of the subway tiles I wanted has disappeared, so I need to figure out how to do the back splash in the kitchen - I was just going to do straight white glass subway tiles, but I'm toying with doing a stripe of darker blue or a row of the tiny 1 inch tiles above the stove in middle of the subway tiles for the backsplash as well...I finally took the measurements. Now I need to go to the tile store and measure the tiles I want, so I can figure this out. Otherwise I won't have any tiles for my Dad to put up when he comes in the end of August!

4 comments:

Scrumpy said...

I'm looking forward to hearing how your tile project comes out. We need to do our backsplash. I'm thinking it will be a good winter project.

Inventory Clear Out said...

Busy times? But it looks good.

HaleyBird said...

The words "craft room" made me salivate a little bit...

Sorry I've been MIA round these parts, but the new blog is now up and running (good thing something, since I'm sitting on my ass more and more) and I'm determined to be a better citizen in the blog community... :)

carla said...

I'm just liking walking into a room and not seeing all the clutter...just a nice room I can relax in.
-------------

people totally went CRAZY at blogher over the swag.
fighting ensued.

for me the sentence above TOTALLY MADE ME pass on 99% of it.