E is for extensor digitorus longus

Well, this morning I forgot to set my alarm, so I didn't work out. Well I *set* it I just didn't turn it on. Luckily I woke up at a reasonable time to get to work no problem, but no time for my ball work out. It's probably for the best as my left inner back calf muscles are quite stiff and as a result it is making my knee a bit sore, so I probably wouldn't have worked out anyways. It was fine when I went to bed and *poof* this morning? Soreness. Very weird...and of course having one muscle stiff and not the others is pulling on my knee. I think it's my extensor digitorus longus...or my tibealis anterior muscle. One of the ones involved in the extension of my leg to being straight. Either way...best to be nice to it/them/me.

After work I had a meeting downtown across the river, which I speed walked to so as not to be late...but I did it in my crappy shoes, after running in the morning and I think it was a bit too much. At any rate, next time I'll take the bus and not over do it, or wear the right shoes. Or both.

I *did* however have time to have a yummy breakfast of some oatmeal with blueberries and milk before I left today. That was nice. And I did some sit ups so I didn't feel like I completely did nothing today. I'll be spending my day stretching and moving my legs about gingerly and trying to eat well...if I'm feeling better I'll walk home from work briskly to even it all out. We'll see. I'm taking it easy...the goal is to get in shape, not gibble myself.
Have a nice friday all!

No comments: