B is for bananas

Well...still at it. (don't mock...2 days is good! :P)
This morning I crawled out of bed at 5:15 and went out for a run/walk/wheeze. By 5:30 I was out in the dawn light...it was a beautiful morning, about 12 degrees C. I got to see the stars a bit before the sky got light. I alternated walking 2 minutes and jogging 4 minutes 6 times...36 minutes total. I admit I wasn't running the fastest I ever have, but it was being out there on my feet this morning that counted. I didn't die, and I was careful not to give myself a side stitch by breathing properly and remembered my water. I did a thorough stretch out after (I forgot how good it feels) with 2 cats trying to crawl on my head at any opportunity.

Then - my reward: a banana strawberry smoothie. After my shower, before work I blended up the following:
1 c soy milk
1/2 banana
1c frozen strawberries
1/2 a frozen peach
1 T flax powder
1/2 t honey.

YUM. This is officially my new breakfast after running. I even got a little bottle with a straw and handle which is just the right size to hold a 10 oz fruit smoothie and keep me from spilling it all over myself on the bus. SCORE!

So day 2? So far so good.
And I feel great. I'd forgotten how happy those endorphins can be.
Have a good day all :)

Music to wheeze by: Chemical Brothers - We are the Night

No comments: