Weeding workouts.

I'm going to spend the afternoon weeding the yard.
I can't focus at work and I've taken a fw days off...of course now I have too much time to focus, so I'm looking for something...anything to do for a bit. Given the jungle overtaking my yard, it should really be weeding. So off I go.

I was surprised this morning to find I'd lost a few pounds beyond the few I'd lost while on camping trips this summer and weigh 134. Good I suppose, but I'm not pleased with having lost my food fetish. It seems that cooking has lost it's fun right now...so eating has become simple and plain. Still very healthy and nutritious, but not so elaborate or fatfilled. Apparently dealing with stress makes me eat better. Who knew? Maybe I'll finally crack the 130 mark I've daydreamed about for years...at least I'm not gorging on food to make myself happy. Suppose I should be greatful for that. A few years ago I'd have packed on the pounds. Now it seems a silly way to hide from my emotions. Besides, I've run out of peaches.

Anyone know how many calories weeding is worth per hour?
I'm curious. With the amount of weeds in my yard I could seriously start up an exercise chain if it's worth a bit.
Hmm...anyone want a membership at Jungles R Us??
You could compost for free!

3 comments:

HC said...

I love weeding -- straightening out nature appeals to my OCD.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling food-y these days. I'd tell ya to make some pretzels -- kneading dough is pretty therapeutic.

Anonymous said...

first? weeding could burn 1023846129649214 an hour and Id still not be in. Nuff said.

Im not happy that you mightcould crack 130...cuz your not happy.

we need your smile back!

Crabby McSlacker said...

I did a couple hours of yard work yesterday, and it totally wiped me out!

Funny that I PAY money to go to a gym, but resent free workouts that actually get stuff done!

Glad you have a better attitude about weeding!