normalish

Well...I've been off antibiotics for a few days and am starting to feel like a human being again. I had to run to catch the bus yesterday and my lungs ached, like I'd tried to grate some cheese through them...perhaps I'll have to start with some walking and work my way back up to the running. I think i pushed myself too fast before and wound up exasperating my lungs, so I'll have to take it easy.
I am woefully out of shape and rather jiggly. It's discouraging, but I am glad to finally be feeling normal-ish again. Perhaps I'll start with my ball workout and some walking in the mornings for a week or so and see how that goes...then get back to running. I won't be able to run the 10K like I'd dreamed on the 8th of June, but I think I can still do the 5K...we'll see.
I can't even imagine what it would be like to recover from a major major illness that wipes a person out for months...2 and a half weeks is enough to try and recover from. I'll just focus on being back in shape for now and see how it goes from there...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SO smart to take it slow. I know it's a big temptation to jump back in and try to make up for lost time, but that's almost always a bad idea. Took me YEARS to figure that out.

Scrumpy said...

I've been worried about you! You definitley need to take it nice and slow. Walks first!

Anonymous said...

Haven't had so much as a cold this year... but last year, UGH! I was sick for an entire month and a half! Bad flu, pink eye... it was awful!

Take it slow on recovery. I found that when I was able to get back to the gym after that, my heart was racing way higher than normal just from slow walking!

Listen to your body and you'll know when you can step up the workouts.