Week 3 day 2

Well this morning it warmed up a lot and most of the snow was gone. It was only -1, so I kitted up, put on the balaclava to protect my squeaky lungs and went out for a run. The second day of the 3 days of training is always the easiest, so I had a nice relaxing run along the river...2 minutes walk + 6 minutes run 5 times. I even ran a few minutes more at the end, as it just felt like the thing to do at the time. Over the last few days literally thousands of robins and sparrows have returned from wherever they go all winter and it's surreal seeing clouds of them flying about. Our cats are wigging out as there were 8 fat robins in our front tree this morning and more in the yard...at least it kept them amused and away from me so I could stretch out at the end.
The paths down by the river are dry and clear so I took my return leg of the run back through there and it was lovely...the sun was coming up on the river with little sparkly chunks of ice floating down it and dozens of geese and ducks back from the south...no doubt wondering (like I am) where spring is gone off to.

Spring is coming. I hope I hope I hope.
Good day all :)

No comments: