Week 1 day 2 of the 10 K adventure

Whew.
Day two of the running program for the 10K fun run - 5 minutes run + 2 minutes walk 6 times. I was nervous, as I haven't done any running of that length since last year, but the cardio I did all winter must have counted for something, because this morning I pulled that all off nicely. I made it to the gallery, about 200m short of where I used to stop and turn around doing the same thing last year, so I know my pace is a bit slower than then, but I'm glad to know I can still do it and survive. I fought off the old side stitch again too. I tried a few more knee stretches and hope they'll help out, as I tend to get stiff hamstrings and ITB so I want to prevent any injuries for over use this year...good stretching always helps.

I';m excited, as I booked a full hour massage on saturday to fix all the stiffness in my back and soreness in my shoulders form the great box caper at work. I'll be done it all today and it'll be nice to have a full pro deep massage done to work the kinks out. I can't wait...

Add to that a 2 minute sprinkle that gave me a rainbow at the end as the sun came up over the river...and well, can't argue with that as a great way to start the day. :)

3 comments:

Scrumpy said...

Rainbows are absolutely magical, aren't they?

Great job on the run!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great program! I need to start training for the 10k...

Crabby McSlacker said...

Yeah, rainbows are great... but nothing beats a professional deep massage. Enjoy!

And way to go on the training and stretching and taking good care of yourself.