Snack global defense grid

Whew!
I thought I'd be done the work move by now but I'm still at it...granted I'm going slowly, favouring my shoulder and not doing any more heavy lifting. I want to be done so I can get back to regular workouts (and back to my lab work!).
After my Tostitos experience I went out when doing the month's grocery shopping last night and got some multigrain low fat bread, sugar free jam, some healthy cereal, soy milk and fruit and put them in the lunch room at work - now I'm set for if miss breakfast before work or need a healthy snack - I'm stocked up!
It's nice to know I can munch on healthy stuff and avoid the vending machine when I get a fit of the nibbles.
I'm excited as the training for the fun run starts next week. I want to try and run the 10K this year, instead of the 5K I did last year, so we'll see how it goes. The weather hasn't been cooperating for going outside much as of late - winter's having it's last hurrah...but I"m hopeful I can get at my morning runs next week. By the end of the month I"ll be able to ride my bike to work again - *THAT* will be great. Last summer they were fixing the pedestrian path I take over the river to work so I couldn't bike...I miss it. It's a very nice way to start the day...doesn't hurt the butt either!
Well...must be off to the box mine. Have a good day all :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am trying for a 10k this year as well. Perhaps not an official one yet, but at least get the mileage down. haha