The Gauntlet

I have a new ubercool name for the long run path I'm doing at least once a week-"the gauntlet".

Ooh. There now. Doesn't it just sound super challenging and awesome, like a video game level full of twists and caverns and dangerous cliffs and such?
Yes I know I'm a dork.


Actually it 's the route down our side of the river to the university bridge, across it, winding back along the river trail to the path across the river from my house - about 49 minutes of exercise. It's tough - 2 minutes walk and 5 minutes run 7 times, but it's on the riverbank and I love it.
I think it's between 6 and 7 Km but I'm not certain, as I can't get mapquest to calculate the runpaths...

I love being on paths by the river - it's a great perk of living where I do. This morning there was a HUGE rainbow to watch while I ran... and there's pelicans and other critters on the paths too. Do any of you have a favorite place to run?

No comments: